If you’re looking to improve your SEO and get more traffic to your website, then you need to know how Bertha and Yoast work together. When combined, these two powerful tools will help you write faster and rank higher in search engines. Let’s take a look at how they work and what they can do for your website.
Why writing for SEO is important
Let’s start with the basics: One of the most important aspects of any website is making sure it is optimized for search engines. Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the process of making sure your website appears as high up in the search results as possible. This is important because people are more likely to click on websites that appear at the top of the results page.
There are a number of things you can do to optimize your website for search engines. One of the most important is to make sure all of your content is well-written and keyword-rich. This means including relevant keywords in your titles and throughout your text. Including keywords will help search engines understand what your website is about and make it more likely to appear in the results for those keywords
Tips and tricks for writing titles, meta descriptions, and body text that will help your website rank higher in search engine results pages
If you’re looking to improve your website’s traffic and engagement, start with your content. Headlines, meta descriptions, and body text are all important elements that can make or break the placement of your website in SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages). With a few tips and tricks, you can write content that will help your website attract more visitors and keep them coming back for more.
Here are some tips and tricks for writing headlines, meta descriptions, and body text that will help your website:
Write page titles that get clicks
Your page title is one of the most important elements of each page when it comes to getting clicks in search results. It’s the first thing people see, and it needs to be compelling enough to make them want to click through to your content.
Here are a few tips for writing headlines that will get clicks:
- Keep it short and to the point. Create a title that is under 60 characters, so that it will be fully displayed in search results. A concise title will also be easy to read and digest as searchers scan the list of results served up by the search engine.
- Use keyword-rich phrases. Keywords are the words or phrases that people enter into search engines when they’re looking for something. By including keywords in your headlines, you can make it more likely that your website will appear in search results.
- Make it clear what the article is about. A headline should give readers a general idea of what the article is about. Be as specific as possible so that readers know exactly what they’ll get if they click through.
- Be creative. Do your best to stand out from the rest of the search results with a catchy headline that will make people want to click. Using numbers or lists can drive curiosity, as well as asking a thought provoking question.
How to create effective meta descriptions
To write an effective meta description for your website, keep the following tips in mind:
- Keep it short and to the point. To avoid getting cut off in the search results, meta page descriptions should be no longer than 155 characters, so make sure you get your point across concisely.
- Use keywords wisely. Use relevant keywords in your meta description to help users find your site when they’re searching for related terms – but no keyword stuffing! Make sure the description accurately reflects the actual content on that page. If it doesn’t, you will only be increasing your bounce rate as visitors leave when realizing the page doesn’t contain the information they were searching for.
- Write for your audience. Keep your target audience in mind when writing meta descriptions and focus on what would be most useful or interesting to them.
Optimizing the body copy on your website
It doesn’t matter what message or offer is on your website if no one sees it. In order to get more eyeballs on your site, Search Engine Optimization is critical. There are literally millions of pages written on this subject, but here are the basic steps you should follow:
- Identify your Ideal Customer
- Develop a list of keywords
- Analyze the competition
- Prioritize your keywords
- Research your keywords
- Implement your keywords
- Monitor your results
There are a number of free and paid tools that you can use to help with your keyword research. Some popular ones include Google AdWords Keyword Planner, Semrush, and MozKeyword Explorer.
To learn more about Search Engine Optimization, check out the Yoast Academy which has a free and premium level.
How to write for SEO using Bertha with Yoast
If you’re using the Yoast plugin to optimize your website for search engines, you are in good company. Yoast is by far the most popular SEO plugin in the WordPress plugin repository – and with good reason!
Yoast uses a variety of factors to rate your content, including the length of your text, the use of keywords, and the overall readability of your content. While it’s important to use keywords throughout your text, Yoast will alert you if it suspects you are “stuffing” keywords, or using too many, making your content seem disingenuous.
The Yoast SEO plugin also provides fields for you to fill in with your target keywords, meta descriptions, focus keyphrase, and other important SEO info.
Getting all of this content created and optimized can be overwhelming and time consuming. BerthaAI can help by suggesting text natively for ALL of the Yoast fields. Just hit the purple Bertha icon that appears right inside each SEO meta field in the backend of your post or page, and Bertha will help you by generating options for you to use or tweak.
This will speed up the process of optimizing your page, and help you rank higher in search results. Now you can optimize your sites super fast and effectively. Yes, Bertha and Yoast are changing the game when it comes to optimizing websites for search!